Whether they are original ideas from my mind or influenced by the works of others, I will post given fragments here. The idea of Avachron being more then an imaginitive world came to me when I was taking concept notes for Jacob's Ladder, an interesting idea I had based off a few futuristic stories. Being more of the fantasy type of writer, I find Science Fiction to be extremely difficult to write due to the fact that while it is in the future, things have to make sense in a whole new way while providing logical explanation for the plot, if you are to provide a legit and fantastic story.
So anyhow, like Parachron (Another idea from Jacob's Ladder), Into the Dark is no simple title with mundane meaning. Its a song- a fantastic song by Ferry Corsten and Howard Jones. The lyrics go like this:
I think you lost your mind...
Or did you fall asleep?
Was your vision closing in...
Did the light play tricks upon you?
Was the window shut...
As you lay on your bed?
Was there someone creeping in...
Did the vapours swirl around your head?
And slowly, but surely...
Take you away from me-
How can you fall into the dark...
When my arms are there to catch you.
How I ever lose my way...
With your open hand to cling to.
I think I'm breaking through...
I'll wake you from this sleep.
One kiss surely that will do.
And the ice will melt around you...
And slowly, but surely...
Bringing you back to me-
How can you fall into the dark...
When my arms are there to catch you.
How I ever lose my way...
With your open hand to cling to.
You can find a link on youtube if you type in 'Ferry Corsten, Into the Dark'.
At first, when I thought I understood this song, I thought it was a great 'unofficial' theme for Azurio during his pretensful relation with Maelon, but over time as well as some other influencial experience, I realized that Azurio wasn't the so called 'hero' of the song trying to save someone, but was in fact the victim, entrapped in a state of darkness due to his legacy and constant battle with Exodos.
However, I will leave it at that and begin the journey into the dark. Some of my major stories that I will try to focus on will include:
- The Calus Trilogy - Beyond Califran
- Jacob's Ladder
- Rosa Aceleus / Gorn Adulis / Arius Azhil / Tyrfang
- Lords of Midnight / Gods of Twilight
- Untitled - Western Califran
- Small short stories
- World of Warcraft universe fanfiction (Around Azurio)
- Bits and pieces, notes, comments, etc.
So let the journey begin.
No comments:
Post a Comment