I used to do alot of foruming in my younger days. I didn't play too many games or do much after school. I would sit around on various forums and talk with people. I think thats where alot of my creativity came from because I look back on it now and wonder where I obtained all those ideas from. I don't even recognize some of the work as my own- its that different.
Anyways, one of these forums was Fallengene, also known as Fallen Genesis. Just a few people having fun, talking, making stories. Haze Henry, known as Zephyr on the forums was the guy I met and shared my stories with. Hes from England by the way. He wanted to work on one project but had no story for it whatsoever. Thats where I came in.
All he had was a name. I don't remember where it came from but thats all he had. No story, no ideas- just a name.
Rosa Aceleus. He wanted me to create a story for that name. Instead of a story, I created a world. It isn't written out bookwise but I've a very detailed timeline and map of the land relating to Rosa Aceleus. And if that isn't enough, I split it up into 3 and a half books.
I will write them sometime and bring out more detail here but I simply wanted to say that its amazing what one can create from a simple name. Take a seed and create with it a forest of dreams. Anything is possible when it comes to writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment