Under the darkened sky, the fire crackled peacefully in the silence of the valley. They sat across from each other, watching the flames dance in the air.
At last she spoke, her face raised to meet his own. There was hesitation in her voice- a tone of disbelief.
"Again and again, I see only death surrounding me. No matter what actions are taken against the king, each resistance falls to his armies. I've seen familiar faces die again and again but you..."
His eyes remained calm but questioning.
"What about me? What do you see?"
"Instead of death, I see you cloaked in shadow and engulfed in flame, alway alive and fighting in the midst of the ravages of war. Never falling. Never dying."
He sat silent for a moment, pondering her words. Turning them over in his mind, again and again.
Cloaked in shadow and engulfed in flame.
"What does this mean?"
She shook her head quickly, casting her eyes back to the fire and pulling the blanket tightly around her.
"I don't know... I don't know."
The silence rose once again between the two. As the flames continued their eternal dance, he watched her slowly fall into a deep sleep below the blackened night.
---
Commentary:
I got this idea while watching The Scorpion King. There isn't much to say about it except some sort of foreshadowing in regards to the 'hero' always surviving, his destiny unclear until the end. Its a generic idea of sorts but theres always a way to make them unique.
No comments:
Post a Comment