I normally reserve this blog to actual ideas and stories but seeing how I haven't updated it in a bit, I thought I needed to put something/anything into writing.
I've been expanding on Adulis Opacus (Current Name of the Western Shard) in order to try to recreate Tserai's story (From WoW) within my own world. Aside from the main storyline, I am still trying to finish up the shard's layout from a geographic perspective. I want to make this into a huge shard with so many locations. The one thing that I always disliked in WoW was how enclosed everything was. Things that should've been miles apart were traversed in mere minutes. I want to make distance seem relatively real in this world. It is a huge shard with a growing story full of rich connections to the other shards as well as the general locations that were my inspirations in WoW.
I still can't decide whether to choose Tserai or Kieran, nor can I decide the ending to this tale. I know how it ended personally, when the majority of the interaction was happening in WoW with another roleplayer. To say the least, it ended abruptly. It's been an idea that hasn't moved for years and I've lost much feeling and emotion towards the story, as opposed to when it was fresh and constantly evolving.
When I first came up with Adulis Opacus, it was nothing more then a doodle with absolutely no story. I was focusing more on the other shards but figured that since I had a northern, southern, and eastern shard, I needed a western one too. It was supposed to be an apocalyptic land, completely destroyed by feuding gods. However, I slowly began to develop more ideas and eventually changed up a large bit of the landscape. I'll include the original and updated maps once I get a scanner set up. I know I won't be holding my breath for that though.
The primary focus on this land was utter chaos and madness. However, once I realized that I had a better story that I could incorporate into this shard instead of a handful of ideas, I began to incorporate aspects of WoW-Tserai's life into this shard. I have no intention of recycling what I have already experienced. Instead, I want to build upon it and connect the missing pieces as well as give it a proper ending.
I would love to get back with the individual who allowed Tserai to have free rein over his own destiny and story but unfortunately, I don't believe that is possible so I will have to choose Tserai's fate eventually. I don't want to leave it adrift upon an endless sea. I think he deserves more then that, no matter what destiny I choose for him.
Note: I use the term Shard alot. I see the entirety of Urun as if it were a gem. I refer to the individual "worlds" within it as Shards and the actual continents themselves as Facets.
3 comments:
Honestly, I had this wonderfully constructed comment (at least in my mind) I had posted and in attempts to edit in order to be notified if any additional comments were made I deleted the original which has lead to an awful lot of flailing about on my end. Allow me to paraphrase the original in a brief and probably incoherent manner.
If you can create a world, you can create a ending to your story. Collaborating could lead to compromise but also interactions not previously considered. Taking things into your own hands wouldn't be so bad. Apologies for commenting on an old post. The internet is kind to unpunctual stalkers.
Hey, thanks for visiting and taking a moment to read my thoughts. I'm sorry you deleted your original post and you're welcome to try and write it out again- I'd be interested in what you had to say.
I don't like the ending I have in mind right now. It doesn't bring proper closure to the grand scheme of things and ends the story more tragically than I think it should. Not to mention, there are bits and pieces to the story as well as another character that I feel that I should change for better exposition but have difficulty in doing so.
Seeing how I keep jumping in and out of so many stories and ideas, I don't think I'll be concluding this one anytime soon but it's definitely my main focus right now.
Thanks again for commenting and reading- I mainly keep this blog to myself but any mysterious visitors are appreciated!
Post a Comment